Monday, June 11, 2012

Santander Good Dividend at a Cheep Price

Although STD is far from a micro cap stock with a market cap of 52.1 billion I believe it has appeal to penny stock buyers who think outside of the box. I like Santander because financials are out of favor, the stock is near its 52 week low, Spain is in every headline on every major news talking points, it was recently downgraded and it has a projected 15.48% dividend yield. (According to Morningstar.)



Banco Santander (STD)
Recent price: 5.92
52 week range: 5.19 - 11.64
Projected dividend yield 15.48% (Morningstar)

-->
Although I don't see STD being a long term holding opportunity for growth I think you have some good downside protection with their consistent dividends. I don't think it is as high as Morningstar has it projected but my own calculations put it at about 11%. If you reinvest the dividends and have some modest price return the volatility will help increase your return.




I recently purchased 100 shares at $5.57 for full disclosure.

Do more research on your own as this post is very short.


  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a great opportunity to visit this site,you can gain new interesting topics.I want to stick on this one so that I can update more details about this one.
    Profit

    ReplyDelete